Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Guest Post (Spring Fashion!) by Tiffany Rosenberger



Guest Post by Tiffany Rosenberger of Nesting Project

Its Spring! Let's Talk Threads

Ok maybe not spring but since Puxnetawney Phil and I aren't on speaking terms (6 more weeks?!) I thought I would dream forward.

Everyone on board? Good. So in honor of spring I thought I would bring us back to the future of what was the spring showcase collections in November.

Here are some top trends you need to prepare/look forward for:

1. Short Shorts and Skirts - The hemlines came up for the Spring 2010 season and its better you heard it from me now to get in some extra gym time (re: bootcamp)

2. Pants - I've got good news and bad...The good? Slouchy pants were in this season. The bad? Well, so were skinny pants so there you go...Think of it as good and evil...You decide which is which...

3. Shoes - two of the biggest trends were flat sandals and clogs...I've still got my clogs from the 90's. I'm not sure if they'll be emerging from my closet but its nice to know there is an option. This spring's clog trend are actually high-heeled clogs which are a little more like slip-ons.

4. Ruffles - (as she squeals with glee) I'm a huge fan and again haven't seen this trend in full since the 90's....I'm loving how this is being achieved in the blouses and dresses this season. This is definitely something to have fun with.

5. Prints - Very abstract, graphic and even watercolor prints are everywhere from shirts to dresses. I can see the sundresses already.

6. Sheer - Lastly, sheer blouses and dresses are another thing looking forward to. But don't despair. A sheer blouse paired with some slouchy pants can really work and spice things up a bit.

Ok girls you've been warned and informed so get out there and figure out what your style statements are going to be and remember to have fun.

No comments: